Address: Portchester Castle, Church Road, Portchester, Hampshire, PO16 9QW
Phone Number: 02392 378291
Website: Visit the Portchester Castle website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: FREE access to over 400 historic places.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Portchester Castle is the well-preserved remains of a Roman ‘Saxon Shore’ fort originally built in the 3rd Century and a later medieval castle located in the village of Portchester.
An exhibition in the keep examines the history of the fortifications and the village. Audio tour included in ticket price.
- Free car parking.
- Gift shop selling souvenirs, snacks and hot and cold drinks.
- Picnic benches for your own picnic.
- Dogs allowed on lead in grounds.
- Please check the Portchester Castle website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices – Without Gift Aid:
- Member – Free
- Adult – £6.20
- Child (5-15 years) – £3.70
- Concession – £5.60
- Family (2 adults, 3 children) – £16.10
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2018.
Before you start your journey to Portchester Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.