Phone Number: 01938 551944
Website: Visit the Powis Castle and Garden website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View Powis Castle and Garden reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Powis Castle and Garden is a Medieval castle with gardens, near Welshpool in Powys in mid Wales.
This National Trust managed Medieval fortress was built around 1200 AD and features richly adorned, opulent interiors with fine collections of artwork, furniture and textiles. Some of the rooms visitors can see include the Library, state bedroom, long gallery, the Duke's room, the drawing room and the ballroom. Castle access is by tour only from 11am to 12:30 during April to October. Tours tell about life in the castle in the early 1900s. No tours available in November and December.
The castle also contains the Clive museum displaying items collected by the Clive family, including Clive of India, while living in India. The collecion has over 300 treasures from India and the Far East, dating from the 17th to 19th centuries including ivories, textiles, statues, weapons, armour plus ornamental silver and gold.
The twenty-six acres of world-class gardens includes lawns, clipped yew hedges, colourful flower borders, Italianate terraces, a croquet lawn, an orangery, an aviary, statues, a fountain garden, the wilderness ridge, ponds and wildflower meadows. There is also the coach house and stables, dating from the 17th century, to see which houses the family state coach with livery and uniforms.
- Free car parking.
- Gift shop selling homewares, local produce, books, gardening items and souvenirs.
- Stable shop selling plants.
- Lady Henrietta's Restaurant serving meals, snacks and drinks.
- Lady Violet's garden tea-room serves cream teas and cakes.
- Please check the Powis Castle and Garden website for opening hours.
- Adult - £14.20
- Child - £7.10
- Family - £35.50
- Family (1 adult, 3 children) - £21.30
- Group Adult (minimum group size 15) - £12.50
- Group Child (minimum group size 15) - £6.25
Ticket Prices - Off-peak (from 4pm Apr to Sept & 3pm Oct to Mar):
- Adult - £10.00
- Child - £5.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2020.
Before you start your journey to Powis Castle and Garden for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- The Bog Visitor Centre
- The House on Crutches Museum
- Park Hall Countryside Experience
- Acton Scott Historic Working Farm
- Cantlop Bridge
- Acton Burnell Castle