Rockingham Castle is a historic castle with gardens in Rockingham, on the outskirts of Corby, in Leicestershire.
The castle is over 900 years old and has been home to the Watson family for 450 years and previous to that was a Royal castle. Access is by self-guided tour and areas to see inside include the Great Hall with a collection of paintings including portraits of important historical figures and items of antique furniture and the below stairs areas includes a Victorian kitchen.
The 18 acres of gardens are divided into the formal gardens which includes terraced gardens, the Cross garden and a rose garden and the Wild Gardens. The two areas are divided by the enormous 400 year old Elephant Hedge. Guided tours around the grounds are including in the admission price and take place at 12:30pm, 1:30pm and 2:30pm last 30 minutes and start at the tours board. Additional tours of the castle and grounds available for groups for an additional fee.
- Car parking.
- Gift Shop selling toys, accessories, china, garden items, home wares, cookware, books and souvenirs.
- The licensed Tea Room serves lunches, snacks, desserts, ice creams, afternoon teas and beverages.
- Dogs welcome on leads in the gardens.
- Please check the Rockingham Castle website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices – House & Garden:
- Adults – £11.50
- Children (5 to 16) – £7.00
- There is no charge for children aged 5 and under
- Family Ticket (2+2) – £30.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at February 2017.
Before you start your journey to Rockingham Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.