Address: Shandy Hall, Coxwold, York, North Yorkshire, YO61 4AD
Phone Number: 01347 868465
Website: Visit the Shandy Hall website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Shandy Hall is the 18th century home of Laurence Sterne a novelist and vicar and is located in Coxwold village in North Yorkshire.
This Grade I listed hall dates from the 15th century and is managed by a charitable trust set up to promote the works of Laurence Sterne. The house is located in a pretty village just inside the North York Moors National Park and contains a collection of items relating to Laurence Sterne including books, manuscripts and personal items and is decorated with period furniture. There are also two acres of garden to view which include an apple orchard, a walled garden and a wooded wildlife area.
- Use car parking in Coxwold village (charge).
- Shop selling gifts and souvenirs.
- Tearooms in the village.
- Picnics welcome in the garden.
- Dogs on lead allowed in garden.
- House is open is open 1st May to 30th September, Wednesday and Sunday.
- House tours at 2:45pm and 3:45pm or by appointment.
- Gardens open 1st May to 30th September, (11:00am to 4:30pm) every day except Saturday.
- House and Garden – £5.00 accompanied children half-price.
- Garden only – £3.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2018.
Before you start your journey to Shandy Hall for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.