Phone Number: 01935 812730
Website: Visit the Sherborne Old Castle website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: FREE access to over 400 historic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Sherborne Old Castle is the ruins of a 12th Century fortified palace, surrounded by a dry moat, that was once home to Sir Walter Raleigh.
It is referred to the Old Castle because there is a newer Sherborne castle, built in the 16th century, which this castle stands in the grounds of.
- Small car park.
- Gift shop selling souvenirs.
- Vending machine with hot and cold drinks.
- Picnics welcome.
- Please check the Sherborne Old Castle website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices - Without Gift Aid:
- Member - Free
- Adult - £5.00
- Child (5 to 17 years) - £3.00
- Concession - £4.50
- Family (2 adults, up to 3 children) - £13.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2019.
Before you start your journey to Sherborne Old Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Haynes International Motor Museum
- Rug Ratz Indoor Play Centre
- Fleet Air Arm Museum
- Tintinhull Garden
- Lytes Cary Manor
- Castle Cary and District Museum