Address: Silk Museum, Park Lane, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 6TJ
Phone Number: 01625 612045
Website: Visit the Silk Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
The Silk Museum is a museum about the silk making process and it’s history with respect to Macclesfield, Cheshire.
The museum is based in what was previously the Macclesfield school of Art and features hands on exhibits, historic machinery, interactive displays, colouring and rubbing activities for children, a film and a changing exhibit space. Topics cover information on the process of how silk is made right from the silk worm cocoons to being woven on a loom, the history of the silk industry in Macclesfield and the lives of the workers and the designers. Children’s soft play area. Tickets available for combined entry to the Silk museum and the Heritage centre or Paradise Mill.
- Free for children under 16.
- Jacquard Tea Room serving home made cakes and beverages.
- Monday to Saturday: 10am – 3pm
- Monday to Saturday: 10am – 4pm, from Tuesday 3rd April onwards.
- Easter: Closed Good Friday. Open Easter Monday, 12noon – 4pm
- Adult – £4.50
- Concessions – £4.00
- Children under 16 – Free
- Combined Entry with the Paradise Mill – £8.00 (Concessions £7.00)
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2018.
Before you start your journey to Silk Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.