Address: Standen, West Hoathly Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 4NE
Phone Number: 01342 323029
Website: Visit the Standen House and Garden website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Standen is an Arts and Crafts designed house with gardens and estate, South of East Grinstead in West Sussex.
This is a National Trust property with Arts and Crafts style décor built in the 1890s. The house features fine collections of ceramics, paintings, furniture, embroidery and textiles all from the Arts and Crafts period. During the week (outside of school holidays) between the hours of 11am and 1:30pm, admission to house is by timed 40 minute guided tour leaving every 20 minutes.
The 12 acre hillside gardens are being restored to Arts and Crafts style and are divided into rooms. Designed to have colour all year round, some of the garden areas include a kitchen garden, a lavender lawn and a croquet lawn and there is also a woodland adventure playground. On the 100 acre wider estate there are ancient deciduous woodlands, meadowland and bluebell woods with some parts being home to Exmoor ponies. Self-guided walks around the estate are available for download from the National Trust website.
- Free car parking.
- Shop selling Arts and Crafts inspired gifts and souvenirs plus local produce.
- Plant, produce and firewood sales.
- The Barn Café is licensed and serves hot lunches, snacks, cakes and drinks.
- Picnic areas.
- Dogs welcome in the formal gardens (apart from the kitchen garden) on short leads and on the wider estate.
- Please check the Standen House and Garden website for opening hours.
- Adult – £12.00
- Child – £6.00
- Family – £30.00
- Group Adult (minimum group size 15) – £10.50
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2018.
Before you start your journey to Standen House and Garden for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.