Address: Stokesay Castle, Nr Craven Arms, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY7 9AH
Phone Number: 01588 672544
Website: Visit the Stokesay Castle website.
English Heritage Membership: Access to over 400 places & kids go FREE.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Stokesay castle, set in peaceful countryside near the Welsh border, is a fortified medieval manor house built in the late 1200’s with a well maintained cottage garden. Just some of the highlights of the property include thetimber-framed gatehouse, open hearthed great hall, shuttered gable windows, a staircase with treads cut from whole tree-trunks, original medieval tiled floor and remains of a wall painting. Audio tours available included in admission price.
- Car park (charge refunded on entry to castle).
- Gift shop selling Medieval and Tudor themed souvenirs.
- Tearoom with indoor and outdoor seating serving savoury snacks, cream teas, homemade cakes and hot and cold drinks.
- Picnic area just outside the grounds.
- Please check the Stokesay Castle website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices (without gift aid):
- Member – Free
- Adult – £7.60
- Child (5-15 years) – £4.60
- Concession – £6.80
- Family (2 adults, 3 children) – £19.80
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2018.
Before you start your journey to Stokesay Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.