Address: Tatton Park, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 6QN
Phone Number: 01625 374435
Website: Visit the Tatton Park website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Tatton Park consists of a Tudor old hall, a mansion, 50 acres of gardens, 1000 acres of parkland the town of Knutsford (between Warrington and Macclesfield) in Cheshire.
The Tudor old hall is on the site of the old Tatton village and was built around the early 1400s but is only available to view on special open days and for specific events.
The Neo classical Mansion dates from the early 1800s and is available to view for most of the high season. It features fine furnishings, collections of paintings and ceramics and an important book collection with over 8000 books on display in the Library room alone. Some of the rooms you can see include the music room, the bedrooms and the drawing room in the main living quarters and the scullery, the kitchen, the wine cellar and the salting room in the servants quarters. The house also features regular exhibits. Guided tours available.
The 50 acres of gardens include walled gardens with kitchen gardens and orchards, lawns, Italian gardens, Japanese Gardens (said to be the finest in Europe), pleasure gardens with a maze, topiary, a rose garden and arboretum, plus glasshouses with exotics plants, citrus fruits, a 19th century fernery and a collection of orchids. Garden tours on Wednesday and Saturday at 1:20pm and 2:20pm (weather permitting).
The 1930’s working Home Farm contains rare breed livestock to see, goats and chickens to feed, an indoor play barn with pedal tractors and tractor and trailer rides, a maze, a woodland play trail, an adventure playground, den building, a pottery with children’s activities and Aunt Mary’s 1930’s cottage. Children’s birthday parties catered for.
The parkland has deer parks, woodland, grasslands, lakes for fishing and sailing (charges apply) plus cycle, horse riding and walking trails.
The park holds around 100 major events every year including outdoor concerts and the RHS flower show.
- Free entry to Mansion and gardens for National Trust members.
- Free entry to gardens for RHS members.
- Car parking charges still apply. Car parking (charge).
- Housekeepers Store selling locally produced food and drink.
- Garden shop selling plants and gardening items.
- Gift shop selling souvenirs, books, jewellery and art.
- The Tuck shop sells traditional sweets.
- The licensed Stables Restaurant serves home made hot meals and snacks.
- The Gardener’s Cottage serving light lunches, afternoon teas and speciality teas and coffees.
- Please check the Tatton Park website for opening hours as times vary.
Ticket Prices – Entry to Mansion, Gardens and Farm:
- Adult – £13
- Child (4 – 15 years) – £7
- Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) – £33
Ticket Prices – per Single Attraction:
- Adult – £7
- Child (4 – 15 years) – £5
- Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) – £19
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2018.
Before you start your journey to Tatton Park for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.