Address: Williamson Tunnels Heritage Centre, The Old Stable Yard, Smithdown Lane, Liverpool, L7 3EE
Phone Number: 0151 709 6868
Website: Visit the Williamson Tunnels Heritage Centre website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
The Williamson Tunnels Heritage Centre has an exhibition and guided tours of man-made, underground passageways in the Edge Hill district of Liverpool.
Run as a registered charity, this indoor attraction includes a 40 minute long guided tour of the labyrinth-like, network of man-made underground passageways and chambers that philanthropist and tobacco merchant Joseph Williamson had constructed. The passageways were constructed during the early 1800s and the tour guide will tell visitors about the man and and the seemingly pointless tunnels. There is also an exhibition with displays and artefacts relating to Joseph and the tunnels.
- Small car park.
- Small sales area selling museum memorabilia.
- Summer (from 1st April – 30th September): Tuesday to Sunday plus Bank Holiday Mondays 10am – 5pm
- Winter (from 1st October – 31st March): Thursday to Sunday from 10am to 5pm
- Also they are open all week Monday to Sunday inclusive to coincide with the Half-term Holidays for Liverpool Schools.
- Last admission 1 hour before closing.
- Adults – £4.50
- Children – £3.00
- Concessions – £4.00
- Family – £14.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at October 2018.
Before you start your journey to Williamson Tunnels Heritage Centre for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.