Address: Wordsworth House and Garden, Main Street, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 9RX
Phone Number: 01900 824805
Website: Visit the Wordsworth House and Garden website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Wordsworth House and Garden is a Georgian townhouse, the birthplace of poet William Wordsworth in Cockermouth, Cumbria.
In the home where Wordsworth was born and lived as a child with his siblings you will get to see, smell, hear and touch life in the 1770’s. Populated by costumed servants and with interiors recreated, by historian’s, to how they believe they would have looked during William’s time using both replica and genuine furnishings from the period. Try writing with a quill pen and listen to poetry readings.
There is also a kitchen garden to view, where William and his sister played as children, featuring herbs, vegetables, fruit and flowers which needed to be rebuilt after the floods of 2009. Talks and tours available for groups at extra cost.
- Use town centre car parks (charge).
- Gift shop selling local produce, craft items, books, jewellery and souvenirs.
- Cafe serving cakes, snacks, light lunches and cream teas.
- Please check the Wordsworth House and Garden website for opening hours.
- Adult – £8.30
- Child – £4.15
- Family – £20.75
- Group out-of-hours – £11.00
- Group Adult (minimum group size 15) – £7.90
- Group Child (minimum group size 15) – £2.50
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2019.
Before you start your journey to Wordsworth House and Garden for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.