Phone Number: 01395 265514
Website: Visit the A la Ronde website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View A la Ronde reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
A la Ronde is an unusual 18th-century sixteen-sided house with fascinating interiors and collections of items from the owners' travels.
The house, located near Exmouth, was created by the daughter of a wine merchant and her female cousin after their travels around Europe. The talented ladies created many works of art that decorate the interiors of the house. The octagon room has an underwater feel and the shell-encrusted gallery is a hand-crafted marvel.
On display around the house, amongst the many works of art, are various items the ladies collected on their tour of Europe including rocks and Egyptian artefacts, plus curiously all the room are connected by speaking tubes. There are also great views to be had from the roof gantry which overlook the Exe Estuary.
The gardens include a croquet lawn and wildflower meadow and there is also an art and craft gallery. Guided tours available for an additional charge.
- Free car parking.
- Shop selling local produce, souvenirs, home-wares, plant sales and gardening goods.
- Second-hand bookshop.
- Licensed Mary-Jane tea-room serving home made cakes, light lunches and beverages.
- Picnic area.
- Dogs welcome on leads in grounds.
- Please check the A la Ronde website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices - Standard:
- Member - Free
- Adult - £10.50
- Child - £5.20
- Under 5's - Free
- Family - £26.25
- Family (1 adult and up to 3 children) - £15.75
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2020.
Before you start your journey to A la Ronde for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Devon's Crealy Great Adventure Park
- Bicton Park Botanical Gardens
- Go Ape Haldon Forest
- Exeter's Underground Passages
- The Bill Douglas Cinema Museum
- Bear Feet Play Centre