Phone Number: 01460 241938
Website: Visit the Barrington Court website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View Barrington Court reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Barrington Court is a Tudor manor house with gardens and parkland in Somerset between Yeovil and Taunton.
The House was virtually in ruins until it was restored in the 1920's by the Lyle family (related to the Lyle from Tate & Lyle sugars) and is now managed by the National Trust. The house is presented unfurnished, but still has interesting things to see including the antique oak panelling and examples of historic bathroom fitments. Rooms to view include the entrance hall, long gallery, the great hall with minstrels' gallery, bathrooms and the Wren room with decorative wood panelling.
The gardens include Gertrude Jekyll inspired gardens, a walled kitchen garden, a white garden and orchards. A leaflet at reception gives details of walks to take around the estate. There are also three craft workshops to visit including a pottery workshop, a woodcarver and a patchwork workshop.
- Free car parking.
- Shop selling homewares, garden items, furniture, local produce and gifts.
- Second hand book shop.
- Strode House Restaurant serving meals, snacks and beverages.
- Tearoom serving snacks and drinks.
- Please check the Barrington Court website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices - Standard:
- Adult - £14.25
- Child - £7.15
- Family - £35.65
- 1 adult family - £21.40
- Group Adult (minimum group size 15) - £12.00
- Group Child (minimum group size 15) - £6.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2020.
Before you start your journey to Barrington Court for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- East Lambrook Manor Gardens
- Crewkerne and District Museum
- Tintinhull Garden
- Chard Museum
- Safari Tots
- Rug Ratz Indoor Play Centre