Phone Number: 01249 812102
Website: Visit the Bowood House and Gardens website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Bowood House and Gardens is a historic house with gardens with near Calne in Wiltshire.
The house is home to the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne and is a grade I listed Georgian house. Inside the house are collections of art and antiquities and exhibitions displaying items such as watercolours, sculptures, 18th-century costumes, Victorian memorabilia, items from India, a collection of porcelain and jewellery.
There are around a hundred acres of pleasure gardens designed by ‘Capability’ Brown which include a lake, arboretum, pinetum, lawns, Italianate terraces, borders, fountains, a cascade waterfall. The gardens were the winner of the HHA/Christie’s Garden of the Year award for 2014. There is also a 70 acre woodland garden with rhododendrons, azaleas and camellias which costs extra to view.
There is lots for children to see and do at this attraction including Tractor Ted’s Little Farm with farm animals to see and daily cuddling sessions. There’s also a large outdoor adventure playground for children aged 12 and under with aerial walkways, slides, tubes, scramble net, spinning discs, Wendy house, see-saws, sandpit, swings, trampoline and a full size pirate ship, plus a separate play area for under 7s. Near the coffee shop is also an undercover soft play area for children up to 132 cm tall with ball pool, rope walks, slides and spinning discs. Party room catering for children’s birthday parties.
- Car parking.
- Gift shop.
- Bowood House restaurant serving hot and cold food, afternoon teas and carvery’s on Sundays.
- Temple Gate coffee shop serving meals, snacks, homemade cakes and speciality teas and coffees.
- WiFi available in coffee shop.
- Picnics welcome.
- Open daily until 4th November 2018, 11am – 6pm last admissions at 5pm
Ticket Prices - House & Gardens:
- Family Day Ticket (2 adults & 2 children or 1 adult & 3 children) - £38.25
- Adult (13 and over) - £12.75
- Senior Citizen (60 years+) - £10.70
- Junior (5 to 12 years) - £9.70
- Infant (2 to 4 years) - £7.70
Prices and opening hours correct as at October 2018.
Before you start your journey to Bowood House and Gardens for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Atwell-Wilson Motor Museum
- Jester’s Adventure Play
- Boomerang Family Play Centre
- Great Chalfield Manor and Garden
- Westwood Manor