Phone Number: 0191 243 8210
Website: Visit the Centre for Life website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Centre for Life reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Centre for Life is a science themed attraction plus an ice rink in Winter in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in Tyne and Wear.
The Life Science centre is an attraction with science related interactive exhibits and displays of photographs, sculptures and information. Some of the exhibits include Brick City an exhibition of landmarks built in Lego, Body Worlds about the human body, the Curiosity zone where visitors can conduct their own experiments and Human Life is about the origins of human evolution and about where we're headed.
There is also a 4D motion simulator ride (sleigh ride presentation leading up to Christmas), an under 7's area called the Young explorer's zone and a Planetarium with a selection of daily shows. The Science theatre presents daily science-themed live shows. Workshops for school groups (additional charge). Caters for birthday parties. Tickets for just the museum or skating or both combined.
- Use Times Square car park (charge).
- Shop selling gifts, toys, books and science kits.
- Life Café serving meals (open only during weekends and school holidays).
- Times Square Cafe serving hot meals, snacks and Starbucks coffee.
- Please check the Centre for Life website for opening hours.
- Family (1 adult + 3 children OR 2 adults + 2 children) - £31.00
- Adults - £12.00
- Children (aged 5 to 17) - £7.50
- Children (under 4) - Free (Maximum of 3 children per paying adult)
- Concessions - £10.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2020.
Before you start your journey to Centre for Life for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Discovery Museum
- Bessie Surtees House
- Laing Art Gallery
- Great North Museum: Hancock
- Seven Stories
- Ouseburn Farm