Phone Number: 020 8467 3264
Website: Visit the Chislehurst Caves website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Chislehurst Caves reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Chislehurst Caves are a collection of man-made passageways and caverns near Chislehurst in Kent.
The caves run for miles about 30M below ground and were created when excavating for chalk. A lot of the chalk was excavated for brick making and flints, but parts were excavated in Roman times. They were also used as an air-raid shelter during the second world war.
Visitors can view the caves on an atmospheric, oil lamp lit, guided tour with tours leaving on the hour and lasting about 45 minutes.
- Free car parking.
- Gift shop selling books and souvenirs.
- Café serving home cooked meals, snacks and drinks.
- Picnic tables for your own picnic.
- The Caves open from Wednesday to Sunday.
- During local School & Bank Holidays (except at Christmas and the New Year) they are open daily.
- Adult (16 to 60) - £7.00
- Senior (over 60) - £5.00
- Child (3 to 15) - £5.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2020.
Before you start your journey to Chislehurst Caves for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Bethlem Museum of the Mind
- Christmas Tree Farm
- Eagle Heights
- Mudchute Park and Farm
- Tower of London
- Jack the Ripper Walking Tour