Phone Number: 01909 720378
Website: Visit the Creswell Crags website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Creswell Crags reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Creswell Crags consist of a museum and limestone gorge with numerous caves and is designated both a Site of Special Scientific Interest and a Scheduled Ancient Monument.
At the east end of the gorge is the museum and heritage centre which contains an Ice Age Exhibition featuring over a 100 archaeological finds excavated from the area such as woolly mammoth remains and ice age stone tools.
Guided tours of two of the caves run at weekends and during Derbyshire school holidays and incur a fee. The tours are an Ice Age cave tour which explores Robin Hood cave and lasts about an hour and a Rock Art cave tour which explores Church Hole cave to show you the only Ice Age rock art in the UK dating from around 13000 years ago. You can purchase tickets for the tours individually or a ticket for both.
- Car parking (charge).
- Gift shop selling souvenirs including fossils and minerals.
- Coffee shop selling sandwiches, paninis plus teas and coffees.
- Dogs welcome on leads.
- Picnic area in Crags meadow.
- January: Weekends 10am - 4:30pm
- February: Every day 10am - 4:30pm
- March to September: Every day 10am - 5:30pm
- October: Every day 10am - 4:30pm
- November to December: Weekends 10am - 4:30pm
- No charge to visit Creswell Crags site or to walk around the lake and gorge.
- Exhibition Entry: £3.00 adults, £2.00 concessions, Free children.
- Ice Age Cave Tour & Witches' Mark Tours: £9.00 adults, £7.50 concessions, £6.00 children. Includes exhibition entry.
- Rock Art Cave Tour & Hyena’s Den Tours (March to September only, weather depending): £9.00 adults, £7.50 concessions, £6.00 children. Includes exhibition entry.
- Combined Ticket (any two tours): £13.50 adults, £11.25 concessions, £9.00 children. Includes exhibition entry. March to September only for Rock Art and Hyena’s Den.
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2020.
Before you start your journey to Creswell Crags for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- The Harley Gallery
- Willow Tree Family Farm
- Laser Labyrinth
- Bolsover Castle
- Mr Straw's House
- Tropical Butterfly House, Wildlife and Falconry Centre