Phone Number: 01909 482380
Website: Visit the Mr Straw’s House website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Mr Straw’s House is a semi-detached town house dating from 1920’s located in Worksop.
The house belonged to the middle-class Straw family since 1923 and because they lived a frugal lifestyle it remained virtually unchanged since then. Containing the original interiors, furniture, decorations and items from the period, the house is a veritable time-capsule. Some of the things visitors can see include a 19th century vacuum cleaner, art and craft items made by family members, items from their grocery shop, the servants bells and Workshop Guardian newspapers from the 20’s. There are also gardens to view with an orchard and a greenhouse containing a collection of cacti.
- Free car parking opposite.
- Shop selling souvenirs and snacks.
- Mr Straw’s House tea room serving tea, coffee and cakes.
- Please check the Mr Straw’s House website for opening hours.
- Adult - £7.50
- Child - £4.00
- Family - £19.00
- Group Adult (Minimum group size 8) - £6.80
- Group Child (Minimum group size 8) - £3.30
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2019.
Before you start your journey to Mr Straw’s House for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Laser Labyrinth
- The Harley Gallery
- Tropical Butterfly House, Wildlife and Falconry Centre
- Creswell Crags
- The Big Tops Play and Party Centre
- Captain Jack’s Adventure