Phone Number: 01842 810656
Website: Visit the Grime’s Graves website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: FREE access to over 400 historic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Grime's Graves is a site containing over 400 backfilled prehistoric flint mines, the only such site of it's kind open to the public in the UK.
Set inside Thetford Forest park in heathland, the filled pits make the area look like a lunar landscape. One of the pits has been excavated down to a depth of 30 ft metres to reveal the flint face which visitors can go down by ladder. The area has also been designated a site of special scientific interest as it is home to a number of rare species of flora and fauna. There is a small exhibit in the visitor centre with information about the mines.
- Free car parking 500 metres away.
- Free entry for English Heritage members.
- Gift shop selling souvenirs.
- Vending machine with hot and cold drinks.
- Picnic area.
- Dogs allowed on leads.
- Please check the Grime’s Graves website for opening hours.
- Member - Free
- Adult - £4.90
- Child (5 to 17 years) - £2.90
- Concession - £4.40
- Family (2 adults, up to 3 children) - £12.70
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2019.
Before you start your journey to Grime’s Graves for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Weeting Castle
- Ancient House Museum of Thetford Life
- Dad's Army Museum
- Oxburgh Hall
- Jumppin Jacks Funhouse
- Melsop Farm Park