Phone Number: 01626 835285
Website: Visit the House of Marbles website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View House of Marbles reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
House of Marbles is a glass museum and works, a pottery museum, a toy museum and a marble museum near Bovey Tracey in Devon.
Set in an historic pottery works, just outside Dartmoor National Park, this attraction has four museum exhibitions to view which are all free to enter. The company that runs this attraction has been in the business of manufacturing games, puzzles, glassware, marbles and toys for many years and showcases many of their products in the exhibits.
Firstly there is the glass museum and glass works. The glass museum exhibits a collection of glasswares plus information about the history of glass-making and how glass is made. Visitors can also see craftsmen at work blowing glass in the glass works area. The pottery museum displays information and artefacts relating to the history of Bovey Tracey Pottery and there's also the historic pottery works' buildings to see including the listed kilns.
The marble museum has a huge collection of historic marbles on display and information about the history of marbles, plus a number of marble runs to set off. The fourth exhibition area is a games museum with a collection of historic toys and games from as far back as the 1600's to view. In addition to the museums there is also a games garden with games to play including chess, skittles and marbles, plus a children's play area for 3 to 12 year olds and there are also some penny press machines in the museums you can use.
- Free car parking.
- Shop selling toys, puzzles, games, home-wares, clothes, glasswares and furniture.
- Glass shop.
- The Old Pottery cafe and licensed restaurant serves breakfasts, lunches, cakes and drinks.
- Dogs welcome except in restaurant.
- Monday to Saturday: 9am - 5pm
- Sunday: 10am - 5pm
- Closed: Easter Sunday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- Also close at 3pm on Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve (last orders in the restaurant at 2pm).
- No entrance fees & ample free parking.
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2020.
Before you start your journey to House of Marbles for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Becky Falls Woodland Park
- Bear Feet Play Centre
- Go Ape Haldon Forest
- Buckfast Butterflies and Dartmoor Otter Sanctuary
- Compton Castle