Phone Number: 01284 735270
Website: Visit the Ickworth website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Ickworth is a Georgian Italianate palace with gardens and over 900 acres of parkland just 3 miles from Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk.
The house (the Rotunda refers to the main round central structure) features collections of paintings, portraits, sculpture, furniture, ceramics, silverware, books and a collection of fans. Some of the other things to see include the Pompeian room with it's wall paintings and the servants quarters kitchen. Free guided tours on some days of the week subject to availability. Special 1930s living history days.
The 70 acres of formal gardens are divided into the North and South pleasure gardens and consist of the Italianate gardens, a Victorian stumpery, a walled garden and a seasonal meadow. There are regular free garden and park tours.
The parkland features a variety of habitats including woods, wetland, lakes, the river Linnet and 20 ponds and contains a lost village, a deer park and veteran and ancient trees some more than 700 years old. Children's playground.
- Car park.
- West Wing shop selling books, ornaments, home and garden wares and gifts.
- Plant and garden shop.
- Second-hand book shop.
- Porter's Lodge Outdoor Café serving snacks and drinks.
- Fully licensed West Wing Restaurant serving home-made meals.
- Dogs welcome in parkland.
- Please check the Ickworth website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices - Estate:
- Adult - £10.00
- Child - £5.00
- Family - £25.00
- Family (1 Adult and up to 3 children) - £15.00
- Group Adult Minimum group size 15 - £9.50
- Group Child Minimum group size 15 - £4.50
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2022.
Before you start your journey to Ickworth for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Kids Play Bury St Edmunds
- Fullers Mill Garden
- Little Hall Lavenham
- Lavenham Guildhall
- Melford Hall