Phone Number: 01229 717 614
Website: Visit the Muncaster Castle and Gardens website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Muncaster Castle and Gardens reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Muncaster Castle and Gardens is home to Muncaster Castle a historic haunted castle, a renowned Owl Centre and more than 70 acres of gardens. The Castle has been in the Pennington family since 1208 and is open for viewing all week apart from most Saturdays.
The World Owl Centre, headquarters of the World Owl Trust, has more than 200 birds of prey and 40 different types of owl. Meet the Birds show and Heron Happy Hour occur daily.
The 70 acres of gardens includes features such as Bluebell wood, Himalayan garden, Dragonfly pond and a wildflower meadow and is also home to one of Europe's largest collections of Rhododendrons. The grounds also contain 12th Century church with fascinating stained glass windows.
- Children have the Indoor MeadowVole Maze and a playground to keep them amused.
- Creeping Kate's cafe serves full meals and snacks.
- There is also a gift shop and plant sales.
- Free Car Parking.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit the Muncaster Castle and Gardens website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to Muncaster Castle and Gardens for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Railway
- The Ruskin Museum
- St Bees Head
- Honister Slate Mine
- Go Ape Grizedale
- Beatrix Potter Gallery and Hawkshead