Phone Number: 020 7942 6171
Website: Visit the Natural History Museum at Tring website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Natural History Museum at Tring is a museum which mainly features displays of stuffed animals housed in a building purpose built in 1889.
The museum is divided into 6 galleries, the Discovery room and the Rothschild room. 5 of the 6 galleries feature various groupings of types of stuffed animal, with some of the exhibits being of endangered or extinct creatures such as the thylacine. Gallery 2 contains a changing exhibit. The Discovery room is a craft and activity room for children and the Rothschild room features displays about the creator of the museum Walter Rothschild who was fascinated with animals.
- Free Admission.
- Free car parking (limited number of spaces).
- Gift shop selling souvenirs. Zebra Café serving snacks and drinks.
- Indoor and outdoor picnic areas.
- Monday to Saturday: 10am - 5pm
- Sunday: 2pm - 5pm
- Closed: 24th to 26th December
- Admission free. There is a small charge for some events.
Prices and opening hours correct as at December 2018.
Before you start your journey to Natural History Museum at Tring for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Ashridge Estate
- The Pottery Project
- The Bucks Goat Centre
- Chesham Museum
- The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre
- ZSL Whipsnade Zoo