Phone Number: 017687 73626
Website: Visit the Pencil Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Pencil Museum reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Pencil Museum is an indoor attraction based in part of the Cumberland pencil factory in Keswick alongside the river Greta.
Open since 1981, the museum is on a site that has been used for pencil making for around 175 years. The museum explores the history of the humble pencil from it's origins back to the 1500s up to modern day production methods. With demonstrations and workshops, on drawing and pencil making and a film showing how pencils are made, plus there's also world’s largest pencil and pencil sculptures to see. The coffee shop also has a seating area which overlooks the river.
- Car parking.
- Shop selling pencils and art materials.
- Sketchers Coffee Shop serving fresh coffee, snacks, cakes and cream teas.
- Temporary museum closure due to COVID-19 until 17th May
- Mondays to Sunday: 9:30am - 4pm
- Last admissions at 3pm
- Adult - £4.60
- Senior/Student/Child - £4.20
- Child - £3.70
- Family (2 adults + 1 child) - £11.70
- Family (2 adults + 2 children) - £13.50
- Family (2 adults + 3 children) - £15.40
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2021.
Before you start your journey to Pencil Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- The Puzzling Place
- Go Ape Whinlatter
- Lake District Wildlife Park
- Honister Slate Mine
- Wordsworth House and Garden
- Allan Bank and Grasmere