Phone Number: 01305 820539
Website: Visit the Portland Castle website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: Save up to 21%
Reviews: View Portland Castle reviews.
Map: View map.
Portland Castle is a coastal fort built during the 16th century by Henry VIII and located on the island of Portland overlooking Portland harbour.
The castle includes an armoury, gun platforms, canons and a Tudor kitchen. There is also a garden called the Governor's garden created by English Heritage which features an amphitheatre where visitors can look out over the sea. Audio tour included in entrance fee.
- Free car parking.
- Gift shop selling souvenirs.
- Captain's Tearoom serving cream teas and snacks.
- Picnic benches for your own picnics.
- Please check the Portland Castle website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices - Without Gift Aid:
- Member - Free
- Adult - £6.90
- Child (5 to 17 years) - £4.10
- Concession - £6.20
- Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) - £17.90
- Family (1 adult and up to 3 children) - £11.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2020.
Before you start your journey to Portland Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Fancy's Family Farm
- Weymouth Museum
- Nothe Fort
- Abbotsbury Swannery
- Abbotsbury Children's Farm
- The Keep Military Museum