Phone Number: 01582 548 600
Website: Visit the Stockwood Discovery Centre website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Stockwood Discovery Centre reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Stockwood Discovery Centre is a museum and gardens located in the stables and gardens that once belonged to Stockwood house which no longer exists.
The gardens feature a selection of themed gardens including the Improvement garden displaying the work of artist Ian Hamilton Finlay, a selection of period gardens including an Elizabethan knot garden, a Dig for Victory garden, a 17th century Italian garden, a 17th Century Dutch garden and a Victorian garden. There is also a sensory garden and World gardens and green houses which include Asian and European gardens.
The stable block contains the Discovery Hall galleries featuring a number of exhibits such as a local history gallery with displays and information about the changes and events in the region through from prehistoric times to the 20th century and The Mossman collection, a collection of horse-drawn vehicles and carriages. There is also a children's playground.
- Free entry but donations are welcomed.
- Free car parking. Gift shop.
- The Garden Cafe serving light lunches and carvery on Sundays.
- 4th November to 5th April: Open daily, 10am - 4pm
- 6th April to 31st October: Open daily, 10am - 5pm
- Visit to the museum is free. Although they would gratefully receive a donation.
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2020.
Before you start your journey to Stockwood Discovery Centre for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Woodside Farm and Leisure Park
- Wardown Park Museum
- Snakes and Ladders Dunstable
- Big Space Indoor Play Centre
- ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
- Ashridge Estate