Phone Number: 01833 690606
Website: Visit The Bowes Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View The Bowes Museum reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Bowes Museum is an art museum in the market town of Barnard Castle in the county of Durham.
The collections are housed in a 19th century, French château style building that was purpose built to display works of art. There are three floors of galleries displaying paintings, ceramics, sculpture, textiles and metalwork originating from Europe including classical and more modern art. The museum is surrounded by gardens and parkland with a children's playground, a nature trail and an orienteering trail. Free access to the shop, cafe and reading room.
- Free car parking.
- Shop selling books, cards, stationery, accessories, homewares and gifts.
- Café Bowes serving high quality cuisine including breakfast, lunch, afternoon teas and light bites.
- Places for a picnic in the park.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit the The Bowes Museum website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to The Bowes Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Barnard Castle
- Egglestone Abbey
- Rokeby Park
- Raby Castle
- Walworth Castle Birds of Prey
- The Green Howards Regimental Museum