Phone Number: 01946 592933
Website: Visit The Rum Story website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Rum Story is an indoor attraction, developed as part of a £11.5M tourism project to renovate Whitehaven, a Georgian village located in the Western Lake District. The attraction tells the history of rum, with it's roots set in the Caribbean, it's connection to the slave trade and smuggling and about the process of rum making. The story of the Jefferson family who lived in Whitehaven and made Jefferson's Rum is also featured. Part of the exhibit features the Jefferson's Victorian office virtually untouched since Victorian times.
- A particularly attractive part of the attraction is it's glass-covered courtyard next to the courtyard cafe which serves hot and cold light snacks.
- Gift shop which sells gifts plus Jefferson's Dark Rum and a selection of wines.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit The Rum Story website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to The Rum Story for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- The Beacon
- Haig Colliery Mining Museum
- St Bees Head
- Helena Thompson Museum
- Funtastic (Softplay Centre)
- Wordsworth House and Garden