Phone Number: 01643 704996
Website: Visit The West Somerset Railway website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View The West Somerset Railway reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The West Somerset Railway is a branch line of the old Great Western Railway and runs from Bishops Lydeard station to Minehead railway station and goes through 8 more stations in between. They run a selection of steam and diesel locomotives along the line. There are also railway themed museums along the route. There is the Gauge museum at Bishops Lydeard station, The Somerset and Dorset Railway Trusts Museum at Washford Station and Great Western Railway Museum at the Blue Anchor station. These require additional entry fees.
- Buffet car with bar selling snacks and hot and cold drinks.
- Turntable Café at Minehead railway station serving speciality coffees and teas and snacks.
- Buffer Stop Shop at Minehead station selling model railways and railway related gifts.
- Dogs welcome (charge).
- You can purchase either Single, Return or Day Rover Tickets, with the rover tickets you can jump on and off as many times as you like during the day.
- Please check the West Somerset Railway website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices - Day Rover on the day:
- Adult Rover (18+) - £28.00
- Young Person Rover (5 to 17) - £14.00
- Disabled Day Rover - £21.00
- Under 5's Day Rover - FREE
- Family Rover (2 adults and 2 young persons) - £68.00
- Dog Day Rover - £2.50
- Bicycles - £3.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2020.
Before you start your journey to The West Somerset Railway for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Butlins Minehead
- Dunster Museum and Doll Collection
- Dunster Castle
- Cleeve Abbey
- Tropiquaria Zoo
- Watchet Boat Museum