Phone Number: 01636 817260
Website: Visit The Workhouse, Southwell website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Workhouse, Southwell is a 19th century workhouse and is located West of Newark on Trent in Southwell.
Learn what daily life was like for a workhouse resident at the best preserved workhouse left standing. A welcome tour of the exterior starts at 11am. The interior areas include dormitories, the cellars, the master’s living quarters and the dayrooms and there is a Victorian vegetable garden outdoors. On Living History days the workhouse comes alive with residents. Audio tours available. Guided tours available for groups if booked in advance.
- Free car parking.
- Workhouse shop selling home-made produce, toys, books and gifts.
- The Day Room refreshment area serves hot and cold drinks and snacks.
- Please check The Workhouse, Southwell website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices - Standard:
- Adult - £10.50
- Child - £5.25
- Family - £26.25
- Family (one adult) - £15.75
- Group Adult (minimum group size 15) - £9.60
- Group Child (minimum group size 15) - £4.95
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2019.
Before you start your journey to The Workhouse, Southwell for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Ferry Farm Park
- Flintham Museum
- White Post Farm
- Wheelgate Park
- The National Holocaust Centre and Museum
- Papplewick Pumping Station