Phone Number: 01803 293 593
Website: Visit the Torre Abbey website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Torre Abbey reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Torre Abbey consists of a country mansion, remains of the abbey, artwork galleries and gardens located in Torquay in Devon.
The site was the location of a medieval monastery more than 800 years ago but was later used to as a family home for the Cary family after the Dissolution of the Monasteries in the 1600's. The house contains galleries of artwork including statues and paintings and interactive historical exhibits.
The organic gardens feature lawns, a scented garden room, a knot garden, orchards and heated glasshouses with fruit trees, palms, cacti, tropical and sub-tropical plants. There is also an Agatha Christie's Potent Plants Display featuring some of the plants in her books and the Children's Medieval Garden with water feature and sensory plantings. Self-guided tour app available to download.
- Use nearby car parks (pay and display).
- Shop selling souvenirs and gifts.
- Torre Abbey Tea Rooms serves cakes, snacks and beverages.
- Plant sales.
- Please visit the Torre Abbey website for opening hours.
- Adults - £8.00
- Concessions - £7.00
- Kids and teens (up to 4 under 19's per paying adult) - Free
- Groups of 10 or more (group leaders go free) - £6.50
- Groups of Language Students (Leaders/Teachers go free) - £3.00
- 1196 Club Membership - £16.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2020.
Before you start your journey to Torre Abbey for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Torquay Museum
- Babbacombe Model Village
- Compton Castle
- Splashdown Quaywest
- Berry Pomeroy Castle