Phone Number: 0844 474 1777
Website: Visit the Twycross Zoo website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out near Atherstone.
Map: View map.
Twycross Zoo is an 80 acre walk-through zoo with over 900 animals and nearly 150 species to see in the flesh.
The animals on display include some of the world's most endangered species and are exhibited amidst landscaped gardens. Areas include a Sri Lankan themed walkway past the Asian elephants enclosure, a lemur walk-through, owl aviaries, a penguin lagoon, a spider monkey forest, giant tortoises, Zoo Babies, a camel paddock, snow leopards and all of the great apes (gorillas, orang-utans, bonobos and chimpanzees).
The park has also developed it's own 20000 sq metre wetland Nature Reserve created to allow native British wildlife species to thrive there. Take a wonder along the trail that winds through this area past the pools, ponds, grassland and trees so you can try to spot all the species that have made their home there.
There are outdoor and undercover picnic areas. A rainy day trail to take you through all the indoor enclosures and keeps you out of the wet. Daily animal talks and scheduled feeding times and outdoor children's play areas.
- Free car Parking.
- Gift shop in the Himalayan area selling souvenirs and everyday essentials.
- The Twycross Gallery sells artwork.
- Eating establishments include the 300 seat Himalaya Centre (overlooking the Himalayan themed snow leopard enclosure) serving hot meals and hot drinks including speciality coffees. Other places to eat include the Dome Cafe and Gorilla Outpost.
- Open daily from 10am
Ticket Prices - Includes Voluntary Donation:
- Adult - £21.95
- Child (2 to 16 years) - £16.95
- Infant (under 2 years) - FREE
- Concession - £19.50
- Special Needs Carer - Free
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2019.
Before you start your journey to Twycross Zoo for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Fourways Play Centre
- Plantasia and Maze World
- Ashby de la Zouch Castle
- Ashby De La Zouch Museum
- Drayton Manor Theme Park