Phone Number: 01227 720836
Website: Visit the Wingham Wildlife Park website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Wingham Wildlife Park reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Wingham Wildlife Park is a walk-through zoo where you can get close to over 200 different species of wild animal.
Situated just off the A257 between Canterbury and Sandwich, the attraction started life as a bird park, but now contains more different animal species than any other zoo in Kent. Some of the animals you can see include penguins, tigers, jaguars, pumas, lions, crocodiles, lemurs, bats, meerkats, parrots, flying foxes, reindeer, red pandas, flamingos, wolves, otters, tortoises, butterflies and birds of prey.
Indoor areas include a reptile house, the parrot house, the tropical house which has bats and a butterfly room and the education centre where they hold the daily handling sessions. Other daily scheduled activities are the keeper talks and feeding times. Various animal and keeper day experiences can be arranged for an extra fee.
Additional thing for kids to do at the zoo include playing on the outdoor adventure playground and the mini diggers and go-karts. There is also the Lion's den, 3,300 square feet indoor children's softplay area (for children aged 12 and under and less than 1.6m tall) with a construction zone, the 3 storey main play frame, plus a separate area for babies and toddlers ages 3 and under.
- Car parking.
- Gift shop. Kiosks serving snacks and drinks.
- Cafe serving meals and drinks.
- Picnic areas.
- Winter (October to March): 10am - 4pm
- Summer (April to September) 10am - 6pm
- Last admission 1 hour before park closing.
- Indoor soft play area: 10am until 5pm (earlier closing time applies during the winter season).
- Adults - £19.00
- Senior Citizens - £17.00
- Families (2 Adults + 2 Children) - £64.00
- Student - £16.00
- Children (2 to 15 years) - £16.00
- Children (Under 2 years) - FREE
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2020.
Before you start your journey to Wingham Wildlife Park for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Howletts Wild Animal Park
- East Kent Railway
- Canterbury Roman Museum
- The Canterbury Tales
- The Beaney House of Art & Knowledge