Phone Number: 01388 743750
Website: Visit the Auckland Castle website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Auckland Castle reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Auckland Castle is a palace, the origins of which dates back to the 12th century. Originally belonging to the Bishops of Durham the castle is located on the outskirts of the market town of Bishop Auckland.
Things to see inside the castle include the throne room and many fine works of art including the paintings of Jacob. Around the castle the grounds cover 800 acres of parkland and include St. Peter's chapel which was consecrated in 1665 and the Deer House built in 1760 (literally a shelter for deer).
- Limited car parking (more available in town centre).
- Café serving light lunches and afternoon teas.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit the Auckland Castle website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to Auckland Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- National Railway Museum Shildon
- Ruff 'N' Tumble Adventure World
- Walworth Castle Birds of Prey
- Raby Castle
- Oriental Museum
- Durham University Botanic Garden