Phone Number: 0191 33 45521
Website: Visit the Durham University Botanic Garden website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Durham University Botanic Garden reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Durham University Botanic Garden is a garden in Durham city in the county of Durham.
This 25 acre outdoor attraction is maintained organically consists of woodland gardens, glasshouses including a desert environment and a rainforest house, alpine garden, pond garden, wildflower meadow, Japanese garden, Himalayan dell, wildlife areas and a collection of modern art. There is also a small flock of rare breed sheep.
- Free park and ride facilities plus small car park at the attraction.
- Gift shop selling gardening items, home wares, toys and souvenirs.
- Coffee shop serving light snacks, cakes and drinks.
- Picnic tables.
- Summer (March to October): 10am - 5pm
- Winter (November to February): 10am - 4pm
- Adults - £4.00
- Concession - £3.00
- Students/Children (over 5) - £1.50
- Infants - FREE
- Carers - FREE
- Durham University Campus Card holders - FREE
- RHS Members - free entry every Monday, and the first Saturday of the month, throughout 2020
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2020.
Before you start your journey to Durham University Botanic Garden for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Oriental Museum
- Durham Cathedral
- Durham Castle
- DLI Museum and Durham Art Gallery
- Crook Hall and Gardens
- Adventure Valley