Phone Number: 01434 632450
Website: Visit the Aydon Castle website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
English Heritage Membership: Save up to 21%
Reviews: View Aydon Castle reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Aydon Castle is the largely intact remains of a 13th century fortified manor house West of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in Northumberland.
In a remote location, amidst woodland, the house is one of the best examples of it's age, being virtually unaltered since construction. The castle is sited on top of a rocky outcrop overlooking a river. Grassy areas for playing or picnics.
- Free small car park.
- Shop selling souvenirs.
- Hot drinks for sale.
- Picnics welcome.
- Dogs welcome on leads.
- Please check the Aydon Castle website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices (Without Gift Aid):
- Member - Free
- Adult - £5.90
- Child (5 to 17 years) - £3.50
- Concession - £5.30
- Family (2 adults, up to 3 children) - £15.30
- Family (1 adult, up to 3 children) - £9.40
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2021.
Before you start your journey to Aydon Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Hexham Abbey
- Chesters Roman Fort and Museum
- George Stephenson's Birthplace
- Belsay Hall, Castle and Gardens
- Enchanted Forest Ponteland