Phone Number: 01647 433306
Website: Visit the Castle Drogo website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Castle Drogo is "England's last castle" built during Edwardian times, overlooking the Teign gorge with gardens and estate.
The Castle was commissioned by Julius Drewe creator of one of the first chain of 'supermarkets' and features exhibits about it's creation and about how the first World War affected the build. Other things to see inside include the postcard theatre where you can dress up as an Edwardian, a doll's house with running water and electricity, the family chapel with stained glass windows and a fine collection of tapestries.
The gardens include terrace gardens, a croquet lawn, a Bunty house and a rhododendron valley. The wider estate encompasses the Teign valley which has the Teign river running through it with two orienteering courses to try, geocaching sites and tracks for mountain biking or walking. There is also a visitor centre and a children's play area.
- Free car parking.
- Shop selling local produce including chutneys, beers and spirits, toys, gifts, homeware and plant sales.
- Café serving breakfasts, lunches, snacks, cream teas and beverages.
- Picnic areas.
- Dogs welcome on lead in estate.
- Opening hours vary so please check the Castle Drogo website.
- Adult - £12.20
- Child - £6.10
- Family - £30.50
- Family 1 adult - £18.30
- Group Adult (minimum group size 15) - £11.50
- Group Child (minimum group size 15) - £5.70
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2019.
Before you start your journey to Castle Drogo for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Becky Falls Woodland Park
- Okehampton Castle
- House of Marbles
- Go Ape Haldon Forest
- The Bill Douglas Cinema Museum
- Exeter's Underground Passages