Phone Number: 023 9282 7261
Website: Visit the Charles Dickens Birthplace Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Charles Dickens Birthplace Museum reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Charles Dickens Birthplace Museum is the modest, Regency period, terraced town house where the novelist was born in Portsmouth in Hampshire.
Charles Dickens, the world renowned author, was born in this house on the 7th of February in 1812. The house has three rooms to view, the parlour, the dining room and the bedroom, decorated and furnished in keeping with the period of Charles Dickens' birth. There is also an exhibition room to view housing a small collection of memorabilia relating to the author including the couch on which he died.
- Use city centre car parks.
- Shop selling souvenirs and books.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit the Charles Dickens Birthplace Museum website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to Charles Dickens Birthplace Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Pirate Pete's Adventure Playground
- Explosion! Museum of Naval Firepower
- Cumberland House Natural History Museum
- Southsea Castle
- Royal Navy Submarine Museum
- Portchester Castle