Phone Number: 023 9284 1625
Website: Visit the Southsea Castle website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View Southsea Castle reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Southsea Castle is one of the fortifications built during the reign of Henry VIII, in 1544, and is located on the southern end of Portsea island.
The Mary Rose sank offshore near the castle not long after it was finished. The castle guards the entrance to Portsmouth harbour and today looks more or less like it would have done during the 1800's. Things to see at the castle include a range of cannons, displays in the Keep about the military history of the Castle, a reconstruction of a Tudor gunport scene and an audio-visual show.
- Car Parking.
- Yellow Kite Café serving locally-sourced food.
- Tuesday: 9:30am - 5pm
- Wednesday to Saturday: 9:30am - 11pm
- Sunday: 9:30am - 6pm
- FREE admission for all visitors.
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2019.
Before you start your journey to Southsea Castle for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Pirate Pete's Adventure Playground
- Cumberland House Natural History Museum
- Royal Navy Submarine Museum
- Charles Dickens Birthplace Museum
- Explosion! Museum of Naval Firepower
- Portchester Castle