Phone Number: 01834 811885
Website: Visit the Colby Woodland Garden website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View Colby Woodland Garden reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Colby Woodland Garden is a woodland garden and walled garden near Amroth in Pembrokeshire in West Wales.
This outdoor attraction is situated in a valley leading down to Amroth on the coast was previously the site of a coal mine. The gardens are managed by the National Trust consist of an informal woodland garden, walled garden and wildflower meadow with water features such as a newt pond and steam with stepping stones.
The walled garden has colourful shrubs and herbaceous borders and a gazebo with interior murals and there are rhododendrons, camellias, magnolias, azaleas and the tallest Japanese Redwood in the UK to see in the woodland garden. There is also an exhibition about the history and wildlife of the gardens with a video presentation in the Bothy information centre and a gallery displaying local arts and crafts. Things for children to do include rope swings, pond dipping kits available to borrow and five geocaching locations to find.
- Free car parking (charged from November to mid February).
- Shop selling gifts and souvenirs.
- Summerhill Farm Shop selling farm produce.
- Bothy tea-room serving lunches, cakes, afternoon teas and speciality drinks.
- Picnics welcome.
- Dogs allowed on leads in meadow and woodland garden.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit the Colby Woodland Garden website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to Colby Woodland Garden for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Folly Farm
- Manor House Wildlife Park
- Oakwood Theme Park
- Clerkenhill Adventure Farm
- The National Wool Museum
- National Botanic Garden of Wales