Phone Number: 01558 667149
Website: Visit the National Botanic Garden of Wales website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The National Botanic Garden of Wales is set in 500 acres of parkland and has been designated as a nature reserve and contains the largest single span glasshouse in the world. The gardens are varied and plentiful, with lots to see all year round.
Just some of the attractions are a double walled garden, a Japanese garden, a bog garden, a tropical house, an apothecaries’ garden, 3 lakes and a wild garden. Inside the Great Glasshouse there is a simulated Mediterranean climate and it houses plants (including many endangered ones) from six distinct regions: California, Australia, the Canary Islands, Chile, South Africa and the Mediterranean Basin.
The Waun Las National Nature Reserve also lies adacent to the gardens and occupies 150 hectares of rhos pasture, wet woodland and lowland meadows. For kids there is the Roots and Shoots adventure play area, pond dipping and the Aqualab full of microscopes and study aids.
- Free car parking.
- Plenty of places to eat and drink including the Seasons Restaurant, the Gatehouse Cafe and the Mediterranean cafe.
- You are also welcome to bring your own picnic.
- Garden plant shop.
- 1st April to 31st October: 10am - 6pm
- 1st November to 31st March: 10am - 4:30pm
- Open every day of the year, except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Ticket Prices (ex gift aid):
- Adults - £9.55
- OAPs/ Disabled/ Students - £7.95
- Children (5-16) - £4.50
- Under 5s - Free
- Family (2 Adults & up to 4 children) - £22.73
- Single Parent Family (1 Adult & up to 4 children) - £18.18
- Carers - FREE
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2018.
Before you start your journey to National Botanic Garden of Wales for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines
- The National Wool Museum
- Gower Heritage Centre
- National Showcaves Centre for Wales