Phone Number: 01669 620333
Website: Visit the Cragside website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Cragside is a grade I listed Victorian mock-tudor style mansion set on a rocky hillside in 4 square kilometers of woodlands and gardens.
The house was originally owned by William George Armstrong a scientist and inventor and many of his inventions, still working, are in the house. The house was also the first in the world to be powered by hydroelectric power. A few of the highlights of the Cragside grounds are one of the largest rock gardens in Europe, a vast Labyrinth of rhododendrom forest, Trim trail, iron bridge, 4 lakes, 40 miles of signposted footpaths and children's adventure playground.
- Tea-rooms serving locally sourced food and drink.
- Gift shop and plant sales.
- Free car parking.
- Dogs welcome, on leads at all times.
- Fun family events throughout the year.
- Please visit the Cragside website for opening hours.
Ticket Prices - House, Gardens and Woodland 16th Feb to 3rd Nov:
- Adult - £19.00
- Child - £9.50
- Family - £47.50
- Group Adult (minimum group size 15) - £16.00
- Group Child (minimum group size 15) - £8.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2019.
Before you start your journey to Cragside for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Eshott Heugh Animal Park
- Bide-a-Wee Cottage Gardens
- Bailiffgate Museum
- Alnwick Castle
- The Alnwick Garden
- Warkworth Castle and Hermitage