Phone Number: 0151 478 4499
Website: Visit the International Slavery Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
International Slavery Museum is a museum about the history of slaves used in America located in the Albert Docks in Liverpool.
This museum is located on the third floor of the Merseyside Maritime museum and shares it’s facilities. There are three galleries, one exploring the people and cultures of West Africa where many people were enslaved. The second gallery is about how they were enslaved and transported across the Atlantic to America. The last gallery is about the long term impact of slavery and the ongoing fight against discrimination.
There are also changing temporary exhibits and regular events.
- Use nearby city centre car parks (charge).
- Shop selling gifts and souvenirs.
- Maritime Dining Room serving meals, afternoon teas, home-made cakes and beverages.
- Quayside café serving light bites, sandwiches, cakes and drinks.
- Free wifi.
- Places for a picnic around the dock.
- Open daily 10am - 5pm
- Closed 24th, 25th, 26th and 31st December and 1st January.
- Free entry.
Prices and opening hours correct as at March 2018.
Before you start your journey to International Slavery Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Merseyside Maritime Museum
- Mattel Play! Liverpool
- The Beatles Story
- Underwater Street
- Jungle Rumble Adventure Golf Liverpool
- World Museum