Phone Number: 01332 842191
Website: Visit the Kedleston Hall website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View Kedleston Hall reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Kedleston Hall is a neo-class mansion dating from the 1700's with 820 acres of parkland and pleasure grounds near Derby in Derbyshire.
The house was designed to be a show-piece for entertaining and contains collections of period furniture and artwork including paintings and sculptures plus items from the owners travels around Asia. A costumed housekeeper gives a ten minute introductory talk about the Hall. Some of the rooms visitors can see include the Marble hall which looks like a Roman temple, the domed saloon, the dining room, the dressing room, the billiard room and a trophy corridor with examples of Edwardian taxidermy. The house and grounds were used as set locations in the filming of the 2008 ‘The Duchess' film.
The pleasure grounds include an orangery and naturalistic gardens. The parkland is almost entirely man-made and includes more than 100 veteran trees, lakes, meadows, contoured hills, the Priests wood and four way-marked walks.
- Car parking.
- Plant sales.
- Second hand book shop.
- Shop selling gifts, local produce, toys, gardening items and homewares.
- Licensed restaurant serving home made meals using local produce, cream teas and drinks.
- Kiosk serving snacks and drinks.
- Dogs welcome on leads in the parkland.
- Please check the Kedleston Hall website for opening hours as times vary for grounds and house.
Ticket Prices - Parkland admissions:
- Adult - £8.00
- Child - £4.00
- Family - £20.00
- Family (1 adult, 2 children) - £12.00
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2021.
Before you start your journey to Kedleston Hall for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Hickory Dickory's Playhouse Birmingham
- Duffield Castle
- Pickford’s House
- Highfields Happy Hens
- Chucklebutties Play and Party Centre