Phone Number: 01872 510317
Website: Visit the Lappa Valley Steam Railway website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Lappa Valley Steam Railway is a tourist attraction with three separate miniature railways to ride, plus other activities near Newquay.
You start your journey at Benny Halt station and from there take the one mile long steam train journey running on a 15 inch gauge track and terminating at East Wheal Rose station. From there you have access to the two other train rides, a 10¼-inch gauge line running from East Wheal Rose to Newlyn Halt and pulled by diesel and petrol locomotives and the 7¼-inch gauge woodland line which is pulled by petrol locomotives on a circular route from East Wheal Rose.
Other activities on offer include a children’s play area with play castle, swings, sandpit and slide, a boating lake, a wildlife pond, a woodland walk, under-5’s pedal cars, a crazy golf course and some coin-operated cars and bikes.
- Car Parking at Benny Halt.
- Gift Shop at East Wheal Rose and Benny Halt.
- The Whitstle Stop Cafe serves meals and cream teas.
- Picnic areas at East Wheal Rose, Benny Halt and at Newlyn Halt.
- Dogs welcome on a lead.
- Reopening February half term followed by weekends in March.
- Reopens daily from Saturday 30 March 2019.
Ticket Prices - Winter Weekends:
- February half term and weekends in March: £7.50 per person
Ticket Prices - 30th Mar to 3rd Nov 2019:
- Adult - £12.95
- Child (3-15 years) - £10.95
- Over 60’s - £10.95
- Family Saver (2 adults & 2 children) - £43.00
- Family Super Saver (2 adults & 3 children) - £46.00
- Dog (must be on lead) - £1.00
- Children (2 and under) - FREE
- FREE parking
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2019.
Before you start your journey to Lappa Valley Steam Railway for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Dairyland Farm World
- Newquay Zoo
- Blue Reef Aquarium Newquay
- Holywell Bay Fun Park
- Perranzabuloe Museum
- Springfields Fun Park and Pony Centre