Phone Number: 01726 845100
Website: Visit The Lost Gardens of Heligan website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View The Lost Gardens of Heligan reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Lost Gardens of Heligan are 200 acres of historic gardens near Pentewan in Cornwall.
Covering over 200 acres of Cornish countryside these historic gardens lay forgotten for almost a century but have been brought to life once more. Now renovated and revamped, visitors can enjoy the glory of these beautiful gardens with their romantic structures and unusual features. The gardens are planted with species from around the world and divided into four areas; The Victorian productive gardens, the pleasure grounds, the Jungle and the Wider estate.
The Victorian productive gardens grow fruit, vegetables, herbs and salads and Pleasure Grounds have ancient rhododendron, an Alpine-inspired ravine and an Italian Garden. The Jungle, set on a steep sided valley, recreates a sub-tropical jungle with palms, ferns, bamboo, giant gunnera, exotic jungle flowers and a 100ft long Jungle rope bridge. The wider estate has 80 acres of ancient woodland with woodland sculptures, lakes, wetlands, waterways and the Horsemoor Hide Interpretation Centre with webcams to see all the natural wildlife living in the area. Next to the tearoom is also an Artwork exhibition room displaying rural landscape paintings. Access to shop and tearooms free of charge.
- Free car parking
- Shop selling gifts, gardening items and mementos.
- Plant centre.
- Heligan Tearoom serving Cornish cream teas, lunches, snacks, ice creams, sweet treats and beverages.
- Stewardry Tearoom serves light refreshments (open in the main season).
- Well-behaved dogs on short leads welcome.
- Open every day, except Christmas Day.
- Adults - £16.00
- Students - £10.00
- Children (5 to 17) - £8.00
- Children (Under 5) - Free
- Family (2 adults & up to 3 children) - £45.00
- Companions who are required to assist disabled visitors - Free
Prices and opening hours correct as at May 2020.
Before you start your journey to The Lost Gardens of Heligan for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Mevagissey Museum
- Caerhays Castle and Gardens
- Charlestown Shipwreck and Heritage Centre
- Trewithen Estate and Gardens
- Kidzworld Cornwall
- Eden Project