Phone Number: 01353 660347
Website: Visit The Stained Glass Museum website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
Reviews: View The Stained Glass Museum reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
The Stained Glass Museum is a museum about the history of stained glass, located in Ely Cathedral in the city of Ely in Cambridgeshire.
Run as a charitable organisation this indoor attraction is located on the upper level of Ely Cathedral. The gallery has more than 125 stained glass panels on display at any one time with some panels being around 800 years old. The stained glass exhibits are displayed in specially designed illuminated display cases, so that the glass can be seen as it was meant to. Other items sometimes on display include stained glass design drawings, tools and materials. Accessed by a spiral staircase of 40 steps, the gallery is inaccessible to wheelchair users.
Visitors can purchase combined tickets for the Stained Glass museum plus access to the cathedral and one or more of their guided tours. See Ely cathedral website for details of the combined tickets. Tours of stained glass exhibits available for groups for a fee by prior arrangement.
The organisation also hold regular workshops teaching the art of painting on glass and other parts of the stained glass window making process.
- Free car park nearby.
- Shop selling hand crafted gifts including jewellery, glass art, glassware and decorations.
- Cathedral gift shops selling books, CDs, DVDs, souvenirs and gifts.
- Refectory Café serving light lunches, cream teas, snacks and drinks in the cathedral.
- The Almonry serves snacks and drinks.
- Free broadband internet access.
Opening Times & Ticket Prices:
- Please visit The Stained Glass Museum website for opening times and prices.
Before you start your journey to The Stained Glass Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Oliver Cromwell's House
- Wicken Fen National Nature Reserve
- Skylark Maize Maze and Funyard
- Jumppin Jacks Funhouse
- Anglesey Abbey, Gardens and Lode Mill
- The National Horseracing Museum