Phone Number: 01904 624247
Website: Visit the Treasurer's House, York website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View Treasurer's House, York reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Treasurer's House, York is a Grade I listed medieval town house with garden located in York city centre next to York Minster.
In a historic part of York, surrounded by cobbled streets, parts of this house date back to the 16th century and there are 13 rooms to view. The house has period features including decorative plasterwork, panelled rooms, big fireplaces, a 'Great Hall' and Edwardian servants' quarters. The rooms are themed on different periods and are finely decorated and display collections of fine antique furniture, works of art, ceramics and textiles.
Other things to see include the exhibit about Frank Green, the previous owner who amassed the house's contents and restored it to it's present condition and the remains of a Roman road in the cellars. The house has daily guided tours. There is also a walled garden with topiary, water feature and classical sculptures.
- Use nearby car parks and street parking (charge).
- Shop selling local produce, home and garden wares, craft items, gifts and souvenirs.
- Second hand book store.
- Licensed Tea-room with table service serving brunches, lunches and afternoon teas.
- Picnics welcome in the garden.
- Please check the Treasurer's House, York website for opening hours as times vary.
Ticket Prices - Standard:
- Adult - £8.90
- Child - £4.45
- Family - £22.25
- Group Adult (Minimum group size 15) - £8.45
- Group Child (Minimum group size 15) - £4.23
- Café and garden free to enter on open days.
- On selected days access to the house is by guided tour only.
Prices and opening hours correct as at January 2020.
Before you start your journey to Treasurer's House, York for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Barley Hall
- York's Chocolate Story
- Yorkshire Museum
- Jorvik DIG
- Clifford's Tower
- York Cold War Bunker