Phone Number: 01736 363148
Website: Visit the Trengwainton Garden website.
Opening Hours & Prices: Opening times and ticket prices.
National Trust Membership: FREE entry to over 500 fantastic places.
Reviews: View reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
Trengwainton Garden consists of 25 acres of exotic gardens near Penzance in Cornwall.
This National Trust managed outdoor attraction is made up of a series of sheltered gardens, which with the mild climate in Cornwall allows it’s wide number of exotic plants from around the world to thrive. Venture down wooded paths, through gaint tree fern glades, picnic in the stream garden and walk beneath the giant boughs of a magnolia campbellii. Some of the areas of the walled kitchen garden are a container garden, a Community garden, a pond garden and an Allotment garden.
The lower walled garden has a Fuchsia Garden, the Veitchii garden, the Magnolia campbellii garden and the middle walled garden with plants from Japan, New Zealand Chile and the Canary islands. Other garden areas include the foliage garden, the Royal Meadow with it’s Edwardian Summer house, the stream garden and a Second World War ‘Dig for Victory’ allotment in the orchard. Visitors can also climb the half a mile incline to the top lawn terrace for excellent views of the surrounding countryside and out to sea.
- Free car parking.
- Shop selling books, gifts, toys, local products and souvenirs.
- Plant centre.
- Tea-room serving light lunches, cream teas, cakes and drinks.
- Picnics welcome.
- Dogs welcome on leads.
- Please check the Trengwainton Garden website for opening hours.
- Adult - £9.00
- Child - £4.50
- Family - £22.50
- Family (1 adult, 3 children) - £13.50
- Group Adult (minimum group size 15) - £8.50
- Group Child (minimum group size 15) - £4.20
Prices and opening hours correct as at April 2019.
Before you start your journey to Trengwainton Garden for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Chysauster Ancient Village
- Geevor Tin Mine
- Porthcurno Telegraph Museum
- Hayle Estuary RSPB Reserve
- Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden