Phone Number: 01228 400 388
Reviews: View A World in Miniature Museum reviews.
Nearby Attractions: View more days out nearby.
Map: View map.
A World in Miniature Museum is a museum displaying hand-crafted dioramas located in the Houghton Hall garden centre near Carlisle in Cumbria.
This exhibition is a collection of recreated period rooms and scenes complete with furniture, figures, textiles and décor all hand crafted with precise detail to a scale of 1/12th normal size. Rooms include a kitchen, a dining room and living rooms, plus there are miniature gardens complete with flowers, shed and greenhouse, miniature street scenes and a scale model of the interior of a theatre complete with audience.
- Free car parking.
- Garden centre with plants, garden items, gifts, clothing, craft, doll house, models and pet sales.
- Laird’s Larder Farm Shop sells local and regional produce and food.
- Cafe Eden coffee shop serving homebaking, sweet treats, snacks and beverages.
- Topiary Coffee Shop.
- Laird's Larder Food Hall.
Before you start your journey to A World in Miniature Museum for your day out, we recommend that you check their website or contact them to confirm opening times and admission prices.
- Walby Farm Park
- Carlisle Castle
- Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery
- Aztec Soft Play
- Solway Aviation Museum
- Campfield Marsh